The secret to getting gloriously puffed-up Yorkshires is to have the fat sizzling hot and don't open the oven door!
PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
MAKES 8 Large or 24 Small
140g plain flour (this is about 200ml/7fl oz)
(200ml/7fl oz)200ml milk
sunflower oil for cookingMethod
1. Heat oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8.
2. Drizzle a little sunflower oil evenly into two 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tins or two 12-hole non-stick muffin tins and place in the oven to heat through.
3. To make the batter, tip 140g plain flour into a bowl and beat in 4 eggs until smooth.
4. Gradually add 200ml of milk and carry on beating until the mix is completely lump-free. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the batter into a jug, then remove the hot tins from the oven. Carefully and evenly pour the batter into the holes.
6. Place the tins back in the oven and leave undisturbed for 20-25 mins until the puddings have puffed up and browned.
7. Serve immediately. You can now cool them and freeze for up to 1 month.